IITM Journal of Computer Applications philosophy is to map new frontiers in emerging and developing technology areas in research, industry and governance,
and to link with centers of excellence worldwide to provide authoritative coverage and references in focused and specialist fields.
All submitted Research manuscripts must follow pattern given below:
· Title (Maximum 120 Characters)
· Author Name, Affiliation and Email ID
· Abstract (Maximum 200 words)
· Keywords (Maximum Five)
· Literature Survey
· Problem Definition
· Methodology / Approach
· Results & Discussion
· Future Scope
· Each Author (s) Short Profile with Photo(s)
1. Title: Title must be informative and specific. It should be easily understandable by reader and should reflect motive of the research paper.
2. Author Name, Affiliation and Email ID: Author First name and Last name only. Please don't include salutations like Dr / Mr / Prof etc. If possible
provide only your professional email id, instead of personal.
3. Abstract: One paragraph containing at most 100 words. It is a summary of the report describing the question investigated, the methods used, the
principle results and conclusions.
4. Keywords: Five most important terms that describe your research domain and specific problem area investigated.
5. Introduction: It is a brief section usually not more than a page. It should be informing the reader of the relevance of your research.
6. Literature Survey: This section includes a short history or relevant background of the research area being addressed.
7. Methods / Approach: This section should describe how you are supposed to rectify the problem, what approach or what methodology you are
supposed to use in your paper.
8. Results / Discussion: This section describes the outputs generated in the methodology section. Elaborate and compare your results with previous
research performed in the past.
9. Conclusion: Final extract of your research performed. Concisely elaborate your final output here.
10. Future Scope: What are the future possibilities of improvement in the research you performed. Discuss the limitations and benefits over historical research.
References: If you reference an external source in your paper, you should cite where you found that source. Give credit to the actual contributor, they deserve this.
Standard format for citation
[#] A. A. Author of
article. "Title of article," Title of Journal, vol. #,
no. #, pp. page number/s, Month year.
 E. P. Wigner, "Theory of traveling wave optical laser," Phys. Rev., vol. 134, pp. A635-A646, Dec. 1965.
 J. U. Duncombe, "Infrared navigation - Part I: An assessment of feasability," IEEE Trans. Electron. Devices, vol. ED-11, pp. 34-39, Jan. 1959.
 G. Liu, K. Y. Lee, and H. F. Jordan, "TDM and TWDM de Bruijn networks and shufflenets for optical communications," IEEE Trans. Comp., vol. 46, pp. 695-701, June 1997.
 J. R. Beveridge and E. M. Riseman, "How easy is matching 2D line models using local search?" IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, pp. 564-579, June 1997.
 I. S. Qamber, "Flow graph development method," Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1387-1395, Dec. 1993.
 E. H. Miller, "A note on reflector arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, to be published.
Chapter in an edited book
 A. Rezi and M. Allam, "Techniques in array processing by means of transformations, " in Control and Dynamic Systems, Vol. 69, Multidemsional Systems, C. T. Leondes, Ed. San Diego: Academic Press, 1995, pp. 133-180.
 G. O. Young, "Synthetic structure of industrial plastics," in Plastics, 2nd ed., vol. 3, J. Peters, Ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1964, pp. 15-64.
Article in an encyclopaedia
 O. B. R. Strimpel, "Computer graphics," in McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, 8th ed., Vol. 4. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1997, pp. 279-283.
 L. Bass, P. Clements, and R. Kazman, Software Architecture in Practice, 2nd ed. Reading, MA: Addison Wesley, 2003. [Online] Available: Safari e-book.
 T. Eckes, The Developmental Social Psychology of Gender. Mahwah NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2000. [Online] Available: netLibrary e-book.
Chapter from an electronic book
 D. Kawecki, "Fuel preparation," in Combustion Engineering Issues for Solid Fuel Systems, B.G. Miller and D.A. Tillman, Eds. Boston, MA: Academic Press, 2008, 199-240. [Online] Available: ScienceDirect.
Article from an electronic reference book
 D. Ince, "Acoustic coupler," in A Dictionary of the Internet. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. [Online]. Available: Oxford Reference Online.
 W. D. Nance, "Management information system," in The Blackwell Encyclopedic Dictionary of Management Information Systems, G.B. Davis, Ed. Malden MA: Blackwell, 1999, pp. 138-144. [Online]. Available: NetLibrary e-book.
Journal article from the internet
 A. Altun, "Understanding hypertext in the context of reading on the web: Language learners' experience," Current Issues in Education, vol. 6, no. 12, July 2003. [Online]. Available: http://cie.ed.asu.edu/volume6/number12/. [Accessed Dec. 2, 2004].
 P. H. C. Eilers and J. J. Goeman, "Enhancing scatterplots with smoothed densities," Bioinformatics, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 623-628, March 2004. [Online]. Available: www.oxfordjournals.org. [Accessed Sept. 18, 2004].
Thesis in print: Unpublished
 H. Zhang, "Delay-insensitive networks," M.S. thesis, Univ. of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, 1997.
 M. W. Dixon, "Application of neural networks to solve the routing problem in communication networks," Ph.D. dissertation, Murdoch Univ., Murdoch, WA, Australia, 1999.
Thesis in print: Published
 M. Lehmann, Data Access in Workflow Management Systems. Berlin: Aka, 2006.
Authors Short Profile: Short bio of all the authors, include a small picture also.
Finally, Make sure you are formatting your manuscript as per IITM Journal of Computer Applications Paper Format given below:
- Font Family: Times New Roman
- Title Font Size: 24pt
- Author Names Font Size: 11pt, Bold
- Author Affiliation Font Size: 9pt
- Abstract Font Size: 9pt, Bold, Italic
- Keywords Font Size: 9pt
- Heading Font Size: 12pt, Bold
- Sub Heading Font Size: 10pt, Bold
- Table Contents Font Size: 9pt
- Table Heading Font Size: 9pt, Italic
- Figure / Table Caption Font Size: 10pt
- Reference Bullet Format: ,  ...
- Citation Format: ,  ...
- Line Spacing: 1.0 pt
- Line Spacing Before After: Nil
- Page Size: A4
- Page Orientation: Portrait
- Number of Columns: 2
- Column Width: 3.38 Inch
- Space between Columns: 0.5 Inch
- Page Margins: Top - 0.7 Inch, Bottom - 0.7 Inch, Left - 0.67 Inch, Right - 0.56 Inch, Gutter - 0 Inch, Gutter Position - Left
- Author Photo Size: Width 0.51 Inch (Keep Aspect Ratio)
- Header: 0.1 Inch
- Footer: 0.3 Inch
Note: For more than one publication by the same author, list them in chronological order, with the older item first. For more than one publication in one year by the same author, use small (lower case) letters to distinguish them (e.g 1980a, 1980b).
Manuscripts not considered for publication will not be sent back. Acceptance of papers for publication shall be informed through e-mail or through normal mail. Those submitting papers should also certify that the paper has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Manuscripts and all editorial correspondence should be made electronically and along with hard copy to the Editor. An author will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which his/her paper appears.
Editor- IITM Journal of Computer Applications
Institute of Information Technology and Management
D-29, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110058
Telephone: 011-2855051, 28525882, Telefax: 28520239
Website: www.iitmipu.ac.in/ www.iitmipujournal.org
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org